By BasicMove Consultancy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Nearly everyone in Singapore speaks more than one language. Naturally the presence of other languages has influenced the English of Singapore. The influence is apparent in the kind of English that is used informally, which is popularly called Singlish.
Whether you are an expatriates living in Singapore, tourists or locals, you will find Singlish Dictionary useful. It is also entertaining listening to the native pronunciation of the Singlish terms too.
* Over 250 Singlish terms with definition, native voice pronunciation and example of usage;
* Local Singapore food fare with description and photo;
* Local Singapore beverage with description;
* Add commonly words to Favorite for easy reference and usage.
NOTE: Do not download this App if you are offended by Singlish. Singlish might sounds funny to you but it is part of Singapore culture.
What's New in Version 1.4
iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support
Entertaining but needs update
Even as a local, I find this app entertaining with friends. However I find that the dictionary is abit outdated and limited as it was last updated in 2012.
- S$ 1.48
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 09 October 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BasicMove Consultancy
- © 2011 Oogee
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.