The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, and plan or play with bots, add-ins and personalised features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here’s what’s new:
- A new setting to disable notification sounds for new messages.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Huge improvement over the past 2 years
Skype is now working very well, however it is very different depending on what app you are using. It appears it depends in which country you sign up in. I have had two computers side by side and we logged in an the photos were either missing or old. It also depends on what email you use as primary and what phone number you used the old Skype members pup up. I just wonder what happened to all my Skype friends. Last, I do have problem searching my Skype ID, one never shows up and my photos are missing so no one see me.
My screen also turns purple when connected?
Good work Microsoft improving Skype.
Need functionality to merge contacts
I have many contacts with the same name. It would be good to be able to merge them.
Sometimes contacts incorrectly show as offline.
Works well but needs to multitask
This app works well but it shouldn’t be too much to expect it to be able to multitask while working seamlessly, compared to now where any other multitasking mode (split screen, hover, or playing videos over the app), results in the omission of the video output. Please fix this, thank you
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 136.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up S$ 6.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.