Welcome to the CSI Game, where the player transforms into CSI Agent 051, travelling around the world to solve burning statistical mysteries à la SPY CSI in different countries.
The CSI Agent (player) analyzes and tests the data against a benchmark revealed at the start of the game. The Agent will then be tested and scored through their progress in the game where they will be required to perform tests, in which calculations and analysis figure. Knowledge of basic statistics and external access to statistical tables are required.
· Knowledge into practice: the game encourages the players to apply their knowledge acquired from class and readings by immersing them in a game setting, and develop problem solving skills through interactive game elements
· Resource Management: Other than a final score, the game makes use of a progression method through star ratings. Players would have to carefully manage these resources in order to gain a higher score.
· Self-Reflection & Competition: The feedback during and after the game allows the players to reflect on their own performance. The leaderboards also give a competitive edge to the game.
· Learn as you play
· Wide range of Hypothesis Tests and Linear Regression, all of which span a huge portion of introductory statistics
· Immersive and engaging world of statistics, as told by various audio, visual and multimedia elements, with scientific calculator and more!
· Challenge one another through Leaderboards, and active social sharing through Facebook, Twitter, email are all built-in
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.