SYM MO provides the following information for eight simple molecules. These molecules are:
3. Hydrogen Fluoride
4. Carbon Monoxide
For each of the molecules mentioned above, the following information are featured in the application:
- Lewis structure
- Symmetry elements list
- Symmetry elements depicted on the molecule
- Point group
- Molecular orbital (MO) diagram
- Molecular orbitals
- Bond order
- Molecular electronic configuration
Students reading the following modules are encouraged to download this application to supplement their individual learning purposes:
- CM1111: Inorganic Chemistry 1
- CM2101 - Physical Chemistry 2
- CM3231: Quantum Chemistry and Molecular Thermodynamics
This mobile application is a joint project between the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, and School of Computing, both from the National University of Singapore.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app for MO Theory
Able to see molecular symmetry and AO to MO transitions which not possible in a textbook.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.