By Sunil Marolia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap2Map enables you to define and save your own custom views for Google Maps so that the views can be quickly accessed with a single click from the Tap2Map application. This is especially useful when you're on the go and need to quickly pull up a map of a specific area or directions without hassling with pinch zooming and panning.
For example, save an area view of your route to work as a custom view. To make a quick traffic check on the way to work, just select the view and it will pull up in Google Maps with the view you previously defined. No need to fumble around while driving anymore!
Note that this does not save the maps locally to the device, it launches the view into Google Maps so it does require an internet connection.
- Single click to launch custom view
- Intuitive screens for defining new maps
- Select if map should be launched as map, satellite, or hybrid view
- Existing views can be edited to change map definition
- Views in list can be reordered as desired
What's New in Version 1.1
• Directions Map View type added
• Center Point Map View type added
• Mark current location of device to return to location at later time
• Save map view with specific start and end addresses or use real-time device location to automatically generate directions from real-time location of device
• Searchable locations can be added to direction or center point map views