Experience the best of The Straits Times award-winning content with the latest changes to ST app. The app is free to download, and all users can read non-Premium stories in their entirety.
Here are some other features of the ST app you might like:
- Create your own homepage so you can read what matters to you first
- Subscribe to get full access to Premium content, such as exclusives, features and analyses from our best writers and veteran journalists
- Receive push alerts on topics of your choice
- Listen to news
- Save articles to read later
- Preload The Straits Times ePaper on Wi-Fi to read offline (only applicable to All-Digital, All-Digital + Print subscribers and subscriptions via iTunes)
Your subscription options:
• 7-day subscription for US$5.99
• 1-month subscription for US$22.49
• Readers can choose to subscribe for 7 days or for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Enhanced UX for multimedia contents in the articles
- Handling notifications for non-subscribers
Ratings and Reviews
Badly Thought-Out App
Horrible, horrible interface and invasive ad planting. My main gripes:
1. Hate how the full page ad pops up every time you leave the app and come back, even if it’s a quick jump to another app or the homepage for 2 seconds.
2. You have to double tap TWICE (that’s 4 taps, if you’re keeping count) to zoom in to a text size that’s actually readable. The initial versions just needed a single double tap gesture.
3. And if you have already “reverse pinched” (i.e. the spreading gesture) to zoom in to read an article, you still have to double tap THREE times to zoom back it. Because the app insists on zooming in AGAIN before zooming out. Why can’t they make the app detect what zoom level you’re at and just allow a single double tap to zoom back out?
4. Sometimes, when you’ve already zoomed in and you want to get rid of the thumbnail view at the bottom, a SINGLE tap doesn’t dismiss the thumbnail view, and instead it zooms out! Frustrating...
It’s like neither the developer nor SPH spends any time at all using their own app in the real world. Or they don’t bother at all to get third party feedback.
So many ads
Decent app polluted with so many ads, in particular full-screen one that covers content Every Single Time you open the app.
Note that I pay for a subscription and still have to put up with this.
Maybe SPH can improve their content to sell more subscriptions rather than money-grabbing through advertising.
BEST NEWS PAPER EVER!!!!!!!!!!
It has excellent service. As a kid who reads news everyday, it provides me with the latest news this app deserves 5 stars it has no bugs and is good
- Singapore Press Holdings
- 74.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Singapore Press Holdings
- In-App Purchases
- ST Renewable Subscription S$ 29.98
- ST Renewable Subscription S$ 7.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.