The Straits Times for iPad
By Singapore Press Holdings
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW*** The latest version of The Straits Times app for the iPad. Enjoy the award-winning journalism in full from Singapore's largest newspaper. The app is free to download, and all users can read stories in its entirety. Subscribers get to read an unlimited amount of stories, and access to our ePaper (PDF of the newspaper). Plus, get the news that you want and need with MyNews, a new category that allows users to customise a personal reading list.
Don't miss out on latest, quality and trusted news from The Straits Times anytime, anywhere. Subscribers have access to:
• The Straits Times as published every morning at 6.00am Singapore Time via the "ePaper (PDF)" on the Phone and iPod Touch
• A 7-day archive of the ePaper and Print Edition
• Unlimited access to every story and all the insights from The Straits Times on your preferred device.
Your subscription options:
• 7-days subscription for US$7.99
• 1-month subscription for US$27.99
• Readers can choose to subscribe for 7 days or for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Have questions or feedback on the new The Straits Times App? Email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 7.0
Personalise it: Make The Straits Times app yours by tailoring the My News page. Select the topics and sections that matter most to you, combined in a smart news stream.
Discover even more: Browse and watch video and interactive content optimised for the iPhone. Don’t miss out on our stunning full-screen photo galleries.
Full stories: The Straits Times iPhone app is free to download, and all users can read stories in their entirety but are limited number of articles per month, from any section. Subscribers full unlimited access to all stories.
Neutral over the new paper layout, but the app needs to be tweaked
First and foremost, I couldn't find the contact to support, so I'm just going to leave a feedback here and hope that it gets to them.
For those who have trouble logging in, try loggin out from the app and then logging in again. I know you shouldn't have to do this, but if this helps, I'm not complaining so much.
However, in the new ePaper layout, please get rid of that nagging bottom scroll bar EVERT TIME I turn the page. It's just plainly irritating to have to keep tapping - not merely once, but TWICE, on the main section of the page on EVERY page EVERY time I turn the page. This didn't happen in the previous version of the app.
Worse than before
The newer version is not as user friendly as before.
The latest news section has been revamped or has it been removed completely? I have to scroll though all the different sections to read updated news?
The PDF version is also a step back. I used to be able to see all the downloaded copies from different days at a glance. Now I have to scroll through 6 days just to read one week old papers.
What happened to the thumbnails for easy access to a specific page? There also seem to be an autocorrect to a certain size even when not asking for it.
New App BAD
The new App looks good aesthetically but v bad functionally. It used to be so easy and quick to read the papers (non-pdf version) previously. Now you cannot find today's paper; yesterday's paper; the day before. You used to be able to quickly screen articles to read from the initial lines of text and select the ones you wanted to read in full now you just get a picture and a headline and opening up the article is much slower. Reminds me of when SIA screwed up their new web-site and after much complaints restored the old one. ST please, restore the old App, it was much better!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 30 June 2015
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Singapore Press Holdings
- © Singapore Press Holdings
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- ST Renewable SubscriptionS$ 35.98
- ST Renewable SubscriptionS$ 9.98