From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
Sometimes, a polish is all you need. No big changes, just a shine.
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on Twitter to help us express our thoughts and keep up with the news. And with Twitter’s Apple TV app (our 2016 App of the Year), we’ve also got a bigger window into current events and topical discussions. From breaking-news tweets to live Periscope feeds—and even Thursday Night Football—the benefits of that little bird are always getting bigger.
I created my twitter account back in 2009, when I was below 13 years of age, as my school had used Twitter as a platform to create awareness for a certain issue, which obviously it’s been nine years, I don’t remember exactly what it was about. I was locked out and now unable to access my account, which is pretty ridiculous since I’m already in my 20s and have been using this app for almost a decade. I sent an email and I am doubtful that my email was even read as what was sent back to me was just the same form that they had sent earlier. This is very disappointing as I’ve been an avid user for years, it’s really ridiculous how we’ve all been using it for years and now you’re locking us out. There wasn’t even an age limit back then, I didn’t have to fake my age or anything, so why do I, and many others, have to suffer the consequences of your negligence? This is really awful and I hope that you guys will work on this, considering the increasing amount of reviews regarding this matter. All our connections with friends and family, lost just because of this.
Twitter’s Evolution Throughout the Years.
I’ve been an avid Twitter user since 2009 and I was 17 at that time. My CA (we call them “Class Advisors” instead of teachers, professors in this campus, btw!) told us to create a Twitter account to keep up with current world affairs—both local and foreign.
Fast forward to 2018, I am STILL using Twitter to connect with others from another country, have a conversation with one of my favorite artists through DM, post videos and photos and many more.
Thank you for increasing the character count to 240 characters. I personally think it was a smart decision!
A lot of users suggested that the future updates should feature an edit tweet function and I disagree. I don’t think it’s important. Like on Twitter, on this review I’m writing, I speak for myself—𝑰 don’t need an edit tweet function. Really. However, I would like to suggest a text format function (e.g. *𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐝*, _𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑠_, ~𝗌̶𝗍̶𝗋̶𝗂̶𝗄̶𝖾̶𝗍̶𝗁̶𝗋̶𝗈̶𝗎̶𝗀̶𝗁~ and ```𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎```) for the next update. Perhaps you could start this feature with a handful of tweet active users around the world before you rollout to everyone to see how it goes. It will make a huge difference than, say, an edit tweet function.
Do consider my suggestion. Will rate you 5 stars if you do. Keep doing what you’re doing! You’re doing amazing! <3
- Twitter, Inc.
- 183.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Twitter, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.