Uber is a ridesharing app for fast, reliable rides in minutes – day or night. There’s no need to park or wait for a taxi or bus. With Uber, you just tap to request a ride, and it’s easy to pay with credit card or cash (in selected cities only).
Whether you’re going to the airport or across town, there’s an Uber for every occasion. Uber is available in more than 500 cities worldwide – download the app and take your first trip today.
Requesting your Uber is easy – here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and tell us where you want to go.
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up.
- You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash (in selected cities only), Apple Pay, PayPal and more.
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Need a simple way to get from A to B quickly? Take uberX, our most affordable option for individual travel.
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL – you’ll travel with other riders heading in the same direction, and enjoy a lower fare.
Want a more exclusive experience? Take a high-end vehicle with UberBLACK. And there are even more options – whether you’re travelling with a big group or need a vehicle with accessibility features.
See if Uber is available in your city at https://www.uber.com/cities
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/uber
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uber
Got a question? Visit uber.com/help.
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We update the Uber app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you'll find in the latest update:
- Updates to the tracker screen that make your Uber’s route easier to follow
- Enhancements to the Help screen
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps the Uber engine running.
Have a question? Tap Help in the Uber app or visit help.uber.com.
Ratings and Reviews
When we need to get somewhere quickly and cheaply, this popular ride-sharing app motors to our rescue. We appreciate the variety in our vehicle choices—from budget-friendly carpools to swanky SUVs—as much as we love knowing when our ride is arriving and exactly how much it’ll cost. Heck, now we even use it as a verb: “We’re going to Uber to your place. Be right there!”
Here is a sincere feedback. I've been using uber a lot for the past 1.5years and i love it. I love how convenient it has been for me and it almost never failed to get me a ride to work and from work and to anywhere else. The idea of cashless transactions is awesome and the promotions used to be so attractive, and the customer service was superb. Which made me stick to using Uber instead of Grab. However, the recent amendments for this application has made me really unhappy.
-i'm now, unable to reach out to uber easily. Thus, i have to resort to writing a feedback here. Uber just charged me like twice the price more than the estimated fare and i'm not even able to ask for help from uber on the fare issue. Secondly, i thought that uber has a policy of not charging for cancellation within 5 minutes? Why am I charged and again I cannot reach out for help or support.
-i have problems pin pointing my exact location. Its not entirely accurate. And it would help a lot if I could do it easily at places that I'm not familiar with and dont know the address
-promotions are getting less and less attractive compared to before and Grab. I'm almost unable to use the promotion at all because the promotions end so fast before i could even save any money on the next 5 rides.
I sincerely hope that there will be an improvement for this app.
Waiting time inaccurate and missing “maximum waiting time” setting
I now had it happen quite some times that I booked an Uber that was set to arrive in 14-30 minutes, despite a lot of Ubers being available. The app needs a maximum wait setting so that you can set your maximum waiting time and it filters out all cars where the anticipated waiting time to pickup is more than x minutes.
Secondly, the arrival time is hopelessly inaccurate. Upon booking maybe 5 minutes, and actual waiting time then often turns to 10 minutes or more. I realise it’s dynamic and all depends on traffic. But structurally more than a 100% mismatch? I’m sure you can do better than that.
- Uber Technologies, Inc.
- 339.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.