Vachanamrut Study App
By BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Vachanamrut Study App by BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
The Vachanamrut is the principal scripture of the Swaminarayan Sampraday. It is a compilation of 273 spiritual discourses delivered by Bhagwan Swaminarayan from 1819 to 1829. It is a Hindu scripture filled with infallible logic, illuminating analogies and metaphors, and divine revelations that provide philosophical and practical answers to the deepest mysteries and questions of life.
Whether you want to overcome anger or understand the nature of God, whether you want to eradicate jealousy or know whose company to keep, whether you want to recognize a true guru or develop faith in God, the Vachanamrut can enlighten you. It is the essence of the Hindu scriptures based on the scriptural knowledge, divine insight and practical experience of Bhagwan Swaminarayan.
This Vachanamrut Study App for the iPhone allows you to read the Vachanamrut in its original Gujarati as well as in its international best-selling English translation. It also features numerous functionalities such as search, notes, and language toggle that support a user’s in-depth study of the Vachanamrut.
The Vachanamrut Study App was inspired by H.H. Pramukh Swami Maharaj.
– Toggle between Gujarati and English View.
Both views are synchronized, so while reading in one language, you can toggle to that very spot in the other language. This is very useful for users attempting to read in Gujarati, but requiring English language support, or vice versa.
Will search the entire Vachanamrut for any word you enter. This helps the user who would like to gain a comprehensive understanding of topics that Bhagwan Swaminarayan addresses in various vachanamruts.
Notes can be made using highlighted words or phrases. Notes can be edited, deleted and reviewed from the notes list.
– Bookmark any Vachanamrut page.
Bookmarks can be revisited from the bookmarks list.
– Night Mode
For easier reading in a dark environment.
– Auto scroll and Tilt scroll
Will scroll the text automatically for easier reading.
– Supports iOS 4.3 and above
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Support for Retina displays
2. Support for iPhone 4, 5, 6, 6+, iPad 2 and above. (All devices IOS 7 and above)
3. Landscape orientation support
4. Full screen display of text
5. Swipe in expand/collapse side-drawer menu for TOC
6. New feature- Tags. You can tag a paragraph within a chapter and get a list of sortable tags later
7. Support for Gujarati mode everywhere including chapter titles, notes, tags
8. Search across all Vachanamruts and within current Vachanamrut in both English and Gujarati (requires Kakko keyboard for Gujarati)
9. Stability and performance improvements
10. Dynamic text size, color (3 color modes White, Black, Sepia)
11. Adjust screen brightness from within the app
12. Sorting and viewing of notes, tags, bookmarks by date, chapters, alphabetical
13. Ability to delete note, tag, bookmark directly from list
14. Notes, tags are highlighted and it scrolls to the location where the note or tag was applied when you select the note from the list of notes, tags etc.
15. Ability to navigate to next and previous Vachanamruts using navigation buttons at the bottom
16. Bug fixes for certain Vachanamruts not appearing.
17. Bug fixes for Sanskrit fonts not appearing in certain places.
18. We now use directly embedded Sanskrit fonts so font scaling works correctly even for Sanskrit verses.
19. Cleaner, more intuitive UI and color scheme
20. English font is more readable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 September 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 100.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
- © 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.