Verbi - Italian Verb Trainer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Every Italian verb has 89 forms that a student of Italian has to learn. The best way to become expert at using the many forms of an Italian verb is to drill yourself on them, over and over and over. Verbi gives you the tool to do just that.
Verbi allows you quickly drill yourself on Italian verbs. You tell Verbi what tense or tenses you'd like to practice; Verbi choses a verb randomly and displays the infinitive, the tense and the pronoun for a person/number (for example, third-operson singular, or first-person plural). You can then say the answer, either to yourself or aloud. Touch the screen and the correct answer appears. Touch the screen again and a new verb/tense/pronoun appears.
Verbi helps you quickly see and learn and use the patterns of Italian verbs. You won't memorize all the forms of all the verbs (Verbi has over 75,000 verb forms in its database), but you'll learn the patterns and practice applying them to many different verbs.
You can limit what tenses Verbi chooses from, what types of verbs (for example, regular, irregular, stem-changing), what verb type (-are verbs, -ere verbs or -ire verbs), or even select just one word to practice. You can select all these in combination, so if, for example, you want to drill on present tense, irregular verbs of the -ire type, you can do that. Or you can drill yourself on every tense of every verb.
Verbi has all the verb forms for 500 verbs, so you won't run out of new verbs to practice on.
Verbi gives you these capabilities to focus your practice on just what you want to learn:
- NEW! Test yourself. Verbi has three types of tests: timed, number of verbs, and a combination of both. you can selected how long you want the test or how many verbs you want the test to quiz you on.
When the test is done, you'll see your score. You can save the test results, and see a history of all saved tests - clear proof that you're learning!
- Select any tense or any combination of tenses. You can select one tense, all 15 tenses, or any number in between.
- Select any type of verb: regular verbs, irregular verbs, verbs that change spelling to maintain a sound, verbs that change their stem, or reflexive verbs. Again, you can choose any verb type or any combination of verb types.
- Select any verb ending or combination. Italian verbs fall into three categories: those with infinitives that end in -are, those that end in -ere, and those that end in -ire. You can select which category, or which categories, you want to focus on.
- Create and save any number of verb lists. This allows you to study a small set of verbs as a unit. When you use a verb list, only the verbs from that list will be used for quizzing.
- See a verb's complete conjugation.
Verbi includes a small Help file. If you'd like to see a more complete "How-To" document, go to www.verbtrainers.com and click on the User Manual link in the left column.
Responses to Reviewer comments:
- Newer versions of Verbi allow you to create as many lists, with as many verbs as you want on each list. You are not limited to drilling on just one verb or choosing from all verbs.
- Newer versions also allow you to quickly see the full conjugation of a verb, either from the Quiz View or the Options menu.
- Errors in conjugations and translations are corrected as quickly as possible. I encourage Verbi users to contact me if you find errors (iVerbos has a way to quickly send me an email).
You can contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 4.1.40
Fixed problem with Settings not persisting.
- S$ 3.98
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 March 2015
- Version: 4.1.40
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: iBall Apps
- © John Zumsteg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.