WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
- When receiving photos or GIFs, you can 3D Touch or swipe left on the notification and tap "View" to preview the media from within the notification (iOS 10+).
- You can now search on the Status tab to quickly find status updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Is it possible to enforce a way to make it less enticing for users to hide their Last Seen status? Or at least encourage quid pro quo in terms of sharing one’s last seen? E.g. Viber users can change their Online / Last Seen setting only once every 24 hrs.
Currently, if you don't share your last seen, you won't be able to see other contacts’ last seen. However, you can also as easily make your last seen visible again and immediately see the last seen of your contacts who share their last seen, and then simply go back to hide your last seen again. This is great if I were one of those invisible users who wishes to be private and hide my last seen, yet be able to see most of my contacts’ last seen anytime. But on the flip side, this seems so unfair to users who keep their last seen transparent, not to mention making them vulnerable to potentially sneaky behavior by “hidden” users.
I have updated IOS 11.2.2 two days ago and from then my messages are not sync properly.
I get notification or an alert that I have a received a message >> then I go folder I can see symbol on WhatsApp icon that I have received it >> then I select the app but inside no new message >> immediately I can see app got hung for few seconds then it will start sync the message after 10 seconds..
Here I have to wait for minimum 5 to 10 seconds.. if I didn’t see WhatsApp message for longer time then the hangs time bit more.
I have restarted twice the iphone but still I face the same problem. Please help to check and fix it ASAP.
Auto out of office message
Can I suggest for WhatsApp to have a new function to allow users to set auto out of office messages? Some companies are using WhatsApp as an official mean of communication on personal phones and even if we are out of office for holidays or on personal leave, we still receive messages related to work and are expected to work during our holiday period (especially there is this blue tick function). Hence, would like to suggest to have this new function to allow us to set out of office messages to certain chat groups and users. Many thanks!!
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 131.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.