By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.16
Periodic Reactivation of Whatsapp
The app is very nice and I've been using it for quite a awhile already. I used to buy from online sites like craigslist, gumtree, etc. One thing I noticed is many scammers are using whastapp and alike apps. When I tried to give a call the number is invalid. Meaning the whastapp is activated but the number is not. I think one way to make online world at least secure is to ensure all whatsapp subscriber or periodically reactivated by simple message receive pr a miss call etc. Just my opinion. Thank you.
Slow/Delayed Notification for incoming messages
Whatsapp is becoming slower and slower dese days especially for the incoming message notifications.... Im getting a delay in the notifications for more than 5 mins from the time i received my messages.... Also wen i get the notification and wen i open my whatsapp it sats connecting connecting for more than 2 mins.... Der is delay in the notifucation and if i click d messge in the status bar and to view the full messsage it takes more than 2 mins...... I dnt knw wen dey r gonna fix dis issue.... Eventhough im using 3G im facing all dese props...... Dis is really annoying and expect the team to fix dis issues asap.....
Slow development and release cycles
I feel Whatsapp is legging behind now in feature functionality and innovation compared to many other similar messaging and calling apps. Very slow to come out with any new feature. Have been waiting for voice calling for so long but still not there. I also want to have ability to send any type of file like PDF or DOC etc. Ability Animated GIF and stickers support is also a good to have. Also the interface looks but dated May be a fresh new GUI with little bit different color and layout will inject new energy in the app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 03 March 2015
- Version: 2.11.16
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.