CASA Space Truss 3D
By Intesym Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Structural / Civil Engineering App for static elastic analysis of general 3D space-trusses.
With CASA ST-3D an engineer can create 3D structural models of space-trusses and obtain both the numerical results and graphical representation of the deflections and forces. There is an emphasis on quick and precise modelling with graphical interaction. Results are graphically interactive with a sliding readout of numerical results at any point along a member.
Trusses have all member ends pinned to the nodes, preventing transfer of bending moments & torsions and requiring the structure to be suitably braced against collapse.
More information about this App can be found in its integrated help and on our website. The App also contains "Replay Demonstrations" which describe and enact its use.
=== This App includes the following features:
* Geometry groups:
- Include or exclude geometry from the analysis.
* Multi-copying for rapid generation of regular geometry.
* Reflection of geometry.
* Solid rendering of geometry:
- Member cross-sections drawn to scale.
- Colour-coded by groups.
* Viewpoint memories:
- Store and recall for quick navigation.
* Members can be oriented to a third node.
* Rotation of geometry.
* Gravity loading.
* Factored load-case combinations.
* Rubber-band box for large-area selection.
=== General Technical Features ===
* Automatic analysis.
* Integrated extensive section library:
- British, European, American, Canadian, Australian, South African, Japanese, Russian.
- See our website for the range of shapes.
* Integrated section generator for common shapes:
- Open: I/H, channel, zed, angle, tee.
- Hollow: Oval, Rectangular.
- Solid: Oval, Rectangular.
- Calculates: Area, Inertia, Torsional constant, Elastic moduli, mass.
* Integrated material library:
- Steel, Aluminium, Concrete, Timber, Glass.
- User materials can be added.
* All member ends pinned.
* Loads applied as point, couple, trapezoid.
* Multiple load-cases.
* Graphical and numerical results include:
- Reactions, deflections, bending moments, shear forces, bending stress.
- Points of interest.
- Results given all along members.
=== General User Interface Features ===
* Universal App - for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
* Metric & imperial units.
* Four simple interactive screens:
- Geometry, Loading, Results: for interacting with the model.
- Utilities: Supplementary functions (see below).
* Easy modelling:
- Tap to select; tap to edit.
- Move and copy geometry.
- Slide nodes along members.
- Change member spans.
- Split members.
- Replicate loading across members.
* Graphical drag-and-tap controls:
- Rotate, pan, zoom the view with simple gestures.
- Drag nodes for positions.
- Drag loads for positions and magnitudes.
- Drag marker along member to read off results values.
- Tap on Points of Interest for important results.
- Select nodes to measure distances, angles, and areas between them.
* Numeric entry available:
- Double-tap on a datum to enter its numerical value.
- Includes a convenient built-in calculator.
* Straightforward section library:
- Pick from country, shape, and size.
- View diagram and properties.
- For custom shapes, double-tap on dimensions to edit.
- Axes can be rotated by 90 degrees.
* Report generation:
- Configurable content.
- Graphical layout.
- On-screen preview.
- Export PDF by e-mail.
* Supplementary functions:
- Document titles.
- Choice of unit system (UK/EU Metric, US Imperial).
- On-line help.
- Load, save, and export models.
What's New in Version 3.10
* Graphically depicts most restraint types. (Others remain as circles.)
* Certain dimensions, areas, and angles are reported between nodes as they are selected.
* User interface speed improvements.
* Improved error reporting if analysis fails.
* Miscellaneous improvements.
- 99,99 €
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 17 March 2014
- Version: 3.10
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Intesym Ltd.
- © Intesym Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.