By Oliver Karam
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Download now at 25% off! ***
For more than 25 years, Frank Shann’s little booklet has helped physicians all around the world prescribe drugs to children. DrugDoses now contains more than 2050 entries. It lists every drug commonly prescribed for systemic use in both adults and children.
The iOS version of the booklet gives you an enormous amount of information, which will be updated twice a year! You will therefore always have the latest drugs, which will only be available in the paper version in a year or two! We offer you the initial 2-year license, with all the updates. After that period, as you will need to keep the drugs database updated, we offer you the possibility to purchase a lifetime license for only 5$!
The iOS version has also lots of other features: more than 150 current laboratory values and a useful cardiology database.
DrugDoses also integrates PedCalc. It contains the most common pediatric scores and formulas:
- ASA score
- Alveolo-arterial gradient
- Anion gap
- Apgar score
- Blunt abdominal trauma score
- Body mass index
- Body surface area
- Corrected Ca*
- Creatinine clearance - measured
- Creatinine clearance - estimated
- Drip rate
- Endotracheal tube sizes
- Genta dosing*
- Glasgow Coma Score
- Glasgow Outcome Scale
- Heparin dosage*
- Maintenance fluids
- NACA score
- Neonatal central lines
- Oxygen index
- PaO2/FiO2 ratio*
- Parkland formula*
- Pediatric trauma score
- Predicted height
- Predicted spirometry values
- Tubular phosphate reabsorption
- Vanco dosing*
* These calculations are available via an In-App bundle
We have also integrated Frank Shann's Pediatric Critical Care Guidelines. The booklet contains all the latest guidelines available for pediatric critical care. Our new feature contains all the 67 chapters of the booklet, ranging from Analgesia & Sedation to Ventilation.
PICU Guidelines is fully searchable, and will save your personal notes, as well as give you the possibility to sen them to colleagues.
PICU Guidelines is available via an InApp purchase. Once you've bought it, you'll be give free access to all future updates of this great reference. However, if you already have the separate app, it will unfortunately not entitle you to get this in-app version.
By the way, did you know that by becoming a fan of DrugDoses on Facebook (http://facebook.drugdoses.net), you can directly request new features and get information on the updates and changes in the database?
Thanks and congrats!"
"This is a great program! I am delighted to have it on my iPhone. Thanks so much for your initiative and contribution to all of us."
"Thanks for the new app. It looks great!"
• When you purchase DrugDoses, you will get a complimentary 2-year license. Thereafter, you will have to purchase a lifetime license.
• There are also some extra PedCalc features that can be bought as a bunddle, also using In-App purchase. There is no subscription to these extra features, so you will only have to buy them once.
• PICU Guidelines can also be bought as an In-App purchase. There is no subscription to this extra feature, so you will only have to buy it once.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
This new version corrects a screen size issue occurring in iOS8.
It also removes the CodeBlue and PedCalc features, due to regulatory issues.
- 14,99 €
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 22 October 2014
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Oliver Karam
- © Oliver Karam - DrugDoses.net
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- PICU Guidelines4,99 €
- Lifetime license4,99 €
- PedCalc 1st bundle0,99 €
- One year license renewal4,99 €