Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
L-Dots will help your child learn to identify and write letters and numbers in a fun, exciting, and intuitive 3D environment.
"My 4 year old loves learning her letters and numbers by following the dots. She is even teaching my 2 year old her numbers and letters using [L-Dots]" - SHAUN WEBSTER
Intuitive to a two year old.
L-Dots is designed to be intuitive for someone who cannot yet identify letters or numbers, let alone read. It plays like a connect the dots game, however because your child might not yet be able to identify numbers, the dots are not numbered. Instead your little one learns to touch the glowing purple dot. They'll start out at first pecking each dot that turns purple, but quickly move on to dragging their finger from dot to dot, much like one would write.
Introduction to phonics.
Interactive sounds are played for each letter and number, as well as phonics for the letters so that your child can learn to associate the sounds with the letters.
I don't write an 'A' like that.
You probably don't write your letters now the same way you did when you were learning. That's because you're awesome! And probably because you've had years of practice. The way in which children are taught to write letters in school is not about efficiency (in writing) but accuracy. The shape of a letter or number is broken down into distinct parts or "strokes" so that the child can focus on the visual features of a character.
Will L-Dots keep them busy for hours?
L-Dots is designed to be fun and engaging, but we don't recommend a young child stare at a backlit screen for hours. We do recommend that you get involved in the fun. Talk with your child about the different strokes. Come up with fun analogies for the different strokes. For example, call the "2" a candy cane with a line on the bottom. Whatever helps your child learn while having fun with you.
* Learn to associate the phonic of the letter with its shape.
* Multi-touch - because children's fingers often touch other parts of the screen without intending to.
* Children can learn to identify the shapes of letters and numbers before they have the dexterity to make the lines, curves, and dots required to write with a pencil or pen.
* No Ads! (and there never will be)
* L-Dots is intended as an introduction to ABC's and 123's. Children even younger than two years of age can start playing and learning.
* Interactive 3D graphics - That's one more 'D' than most children's games.
Designed for children 2-5 years of age.
Do you have suggestions that would improve the experience or quality of L-Dots? We'd love to hear from you! Please contact us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.4
- 1,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 06 September 2013
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Awesomeness LLC
- © 2011 Awesomeness LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.