Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: Please delete and reinstall app when upgrading to iOS 7 if you face app crashes in iOS 7.
MeshRemote is a universal iOS application. MeshRemote, when running on a compatible iOS device, allows you to remote control the iPod music library on another compatible iOS device when that device is also running MeshRemote and is paired with the device acting as a remote controller. This app along with its companion app in Mac Appstore allows you to remote control the music library on a iOS device from a Mac. The companion
Mac app can be downloaded from the Mac Appstore
An overview of the app is given below. Refer to user guide in the app support website for more details about the app
The following configurations are possible
- Device A can control music library on Device B
- Device A and Device B can control the music library on Device C at the same time
- Device A can control the music library in Device B and vice versa at the same time
The following operations are possible from the device acting as a remote controller.
-View items related to the currently playing item and choose to play an item in that list. If you are playing an album, this list will be the items in your album. Refer to the user guide for more info.
The following elements of the music library in the controlled device is visible in the remote controller
-Album art of currently playing/paused item
-Items related to the currently playing item. Refer to User Guide for more details
The app supports portrait and upside down portrait.
- iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running iOS 4.3 or above
- Wi-Fi network
- Network which allows UDP broadcasts on a port specified in the MeshRemote app settings. This
port is user configurable.
- A Mac running MeshRemote app(can be downloaded from Mac Appstore) if remote control functionality from a Mac is required
- smart playlists may not work as expected if they are dynamic like "Recently played", "Top Rated" etc
-You cannot remote control items from home sharing library in the controlled device
-You cannot have the system music player (iPod music player) connected to a home sharing library and running in the background in the controlled device when MeshRemote is running. Remote control function will not work as expected in this case.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Search results can now be played
- UI aesthetic enhancements
- A companion app is available in the Mac App Store which will allow remote control of music library of an iOS device from a Mac
- Category: Music
- Updated: 13 January 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: rajmohan lokanath
- © 2011 MirageApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.