Montessori Reading: Lessons & Games for Kindergarten and 1st Grade
By Montessori Home
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transform your child’s learning journey into an adventure with colorful characters and proven Programmed Reading methods used in schools across the country
• Lessons teach children how to decode new words and read sentences.
• Games let children practice what they learned in each lesson.
• Students progress at their own pace
Montessori Reading brings 140+ lessons across 3 unique volumes to your young learner! The programmed reading system presents decoding skills in a reading context to learners of any ability. Lessons and games work together to teach letter sounds and sequences starting with those most frequently used in the English language.
Programmed reading has been used to educate millions of learners of all age and abilities - gifted, normal, remedial or special needs.
++ Featured in Phoenix Learning Resources ++
++ Based on Sullivan’s Programmed Reading ++
++ Features ++
• Tons of Content! 3900+ questions, 140+ lessons in 3 volumes
• New Words! 169 words to learn, each presented in multiple situations and sentences
• Multiple Children! Add and track multiple children
• Multimedia Optimized! Audio and illustrations provide context for young learners
• Learn Decoding Skills! Huge index of questions means your child learns to fluently and automatically decode words
• Efficient Methods! Your child practices only correct responses with immediate feedback
• Fun Games! Reward your child’s achievements and help practice new words
• Visual Learning! Graphics emphasize the association between the words and the objects and characters
• Journey Together! Parent zone lets you keep track of your child’s progress and see where they need help and where they excel
++ Lessons ++
Each Montessori Reading lesson reads words aloud to your child and uses a variety of sentence structures and activities to support your child’s learning:
• Sentence completion activities allow your child to match the word with the object or character on the screen, improving their sight reading of words, then reads the sentence aloud to improve the phonic understanding of words.
• Object matching activities describe an object by pairing nouns and adjectives then having your child select an option that matches the pairing.
• True / False sentences help your child build an index of sight words and his phonic ability by comparing an adjective-noun pair with an object or character and then decide whether it is described accurately by the sentence.
++ Games ++
Completing each lesson rewards your child with a series of games that supplement their learning process by allowing them to take the words and phrases they have learned and complete challenges tailored to their current reading level:
• Memory Games use both visual and auditory cues to help your child combine words and meanings and exercise their short term memory ability.
• Word Finder takes the words learned in the reading lessons and lets your child practice isolating individual characters to spell out words.
• Object Finder brings the words from the lesson and has your child pick out the object that the word represents..
• Sentence Builder helps your child put words together to create meaningful sentences that describe the object or character.
The app includes, completely free, 2 lessons and 51 questions and all 4 practice games!
+++ Programmed Reading +++
The system of Programmed Reading used in Montessori Reading assures success regardless of entry level and, in most cases, regardless of ability by:
• Requiring numerous active responses
• Placing early emphasis on comprehension
• Insuring that 95% of students respond correctly 95% of the time!
• Providing immediate feedback
• Emphasizing decoding skills
• Involving your child in the learning process
Have any questions or suggestions? Email email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.1.10
- 4 New Games: Sentence Builder, Word Search, Object Finder, Memory Game.
- New device support: iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.
- New OS support: iOS 8
- Added Email Us function to Parent Zone.
- minor bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 28 February 2015
- Version: 3.1.10
- Size: 64.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Montessori Home Inc
- © 2011-2015 Montessori Home, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.