Transas iSailor - Marine Navigation, Chart Plotter and AIS Viewer
By Transas Marine Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The application operates on iPhones and iPads utilizing built-in GPS or external BT GPS.
Supported devices (with iOS version 7.x.x and higher. Ready for iOS 8.x.x):
• iPhone 4 and higher
• iPad - 2ng generation and higher
Available Chart Folios cover coastal and offshore waters of North America, Latin and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Far East, Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
iSailor is an easy-to-use navigational system developed for the amateur seafarers.
Intended for use on boats and yachts, iSailor provides a clear presentation of navigation information and electronic charts. Transas own TX-97 vector chart format supported by iSailor is recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information. You can download your free version of iSailor software on iTunes Store.
All chart folios can be selected, purchased and downloaded via the iSailor app using its Chart Store section as per iTunes Store standard procedure for purchasing and payment.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life.
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Optionally)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Optionally)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and Water temperature sensor (Optionally)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Optionally)
• Display of Charts, Routes, Track(s) and User Objects
• AIS Target presentation. Target contours and dimensions (Optionally)
• Internet AIS Service (Optional subscription)
• Weather Service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and Tidal Currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing Guides. Regional Marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• MultiUnits and MultiLanguage support
• Custom Track colours
• Day and Night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, Track and User Object: Export/Import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• User Object sharing via: Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, E-Mail
iSailor web site http://www.isailor.us
Any questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.7.4
In the new version 1.7.4 of Transas iSailor:
• NEW!!! A new chart server has been launched.
Correction updates for all the chart folios purchased earlier are possible only for iSailor 1.7.4 and higher version users.
• NEW!!! NMEA Option - Autopilot
This option enables the user to control the vessel autopilot in both ‘Track’ and ‘Dodge’ modes via Wi-Fi (TCP or UDP connection with the Autopilot is required). Supported NMEA output sentences: APB, BOD, BWC, BWR, HSC, RMB, RMC and XTE. NMEA input rudder angle: RSA.
Make sure that your boat equipment allows such connection and operation!
• NEW!!! MOB functionality
This option enables the user to quickly set and monitor a given point position.
• NEW!!! Sailing Guides. Regional Marinas.
This option unlocks a detailed information on all the marinas: “UK, Iceland and Faroe”, “European marinas (from Gibraltar to Skagerrak)”, “Northern and Central Europe marinas (including Norway, Sweden, Kattegat and Baltic Sea)” and “USA East Coast marinas”, as well as on anchorage places, fishing harbors, boat stations and customs harbors.
These are annual subscription options (iOS 7.x.x or higher is required).
New regions are coming soon!
- New dangerous depth indication method (with a specific red color). This feature can be reached via the ‘Chart Settings’ menu: “Dangerous Depth – On/Off”.
- A new setting in the ‘Sensors’ menu: “Input Checksum Processing – On/Off”.
- A new setting in the “AIS & NMEA Connections” section (only for the UDP connection): ‘Input Port’ and ‘Output Port’.
- Danish language support.
- Tides and Currents functionality has been improved. It is now possible to use negative ‘Minimum Chart Depth’ values.
Minor bug fixes and some other features and improvements.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 12 May 2015
- Version: 1.7.4
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Transas Marine International AB
- © Transas Marine Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Adriatic Sea.24,99 €
- AIS Receiver Support9,99 €
- Aegean Sea - Dardanelles - Bosporus.24,99 €
- Tides & Currents subscription9,99 €
- Marinas Mediterranean subscription9,99 €
- Weather Service 1 year subscription24,99 €
- AIS Ship Contours0,99 €
- Caribbean Sea. Lesser Antilles24,99 €
- Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines24,99 €
- Weather Service 1 month subscription7,99 €