uCentral™ - Medical References and Literature Searching for Institutions
By Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Now includes Unbound MEDLINE with Grapherence™ and loaded with NEW features **
== PLEASE NOTE: This application requires an institutional subscription. ==
** CURRENT uCentral subscribers can download content to their iOS device at no cost. **
** To find out if your institution subscribes to uCentral, please contact your librarian or system administrator, or send us a message at: unboundmedicine.com/feedback. **
Medical References and Literature Searching for Institutions
from Unbound Medicine
uCentral is the only all-in-one app that delivers the information a clinician or trainee needs at the point of care. uCentral gives libraries and institutions the power to deliver trusted medical reference content and full-text journal articles directly to their patron’s mobile devices. With uCentral, each institution creates a customized aggregation of quick-reference content and makes it available to all of their patrons.
uCentral now includes Unbound MEDLINE, delivering over 20 million articles to your iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad®. With links directly to local holdings, uCentral leverages your library’s journal collection by providing patrons direct access to full-text articles. Lastly, explore the literature like never before with Grapherence™ - a revolutionary approach to finding relevant articles visually.
More than 30 references are available through uCentral, including:
• Washington Manual
• 5-Minute Clinical Consult
• Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
• Johns Hopkins Guides (ABX, Diabetes, HIV)
• Harrison’s Manual of Medicine
• The Merck Manual
• Cochrane Abstracts
• Davis’s Drug Guide
• Taber’s Medical Dictionary
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all references
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Personalized favorites
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Tips, Notifications, and Institutional Messages (iPad)
• Recently Viewed feature
• Web access
Instructions for current subscribers:
• Install this application to your iOS device
• Open the application and enter your uCentral username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The latest uCentral content will download to your device.
Content available through uCentral includes: 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Johns Hopkins Guides, Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, Taber’s Medical Dictionary, Davis’s Drug Guide, McGraw-Hill’s Diagnosaurus, The Merck Manual, Review of Natural Products, Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, Diseases and Disorders, Clinical Evidence, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, A to Z Drug Facts, 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, 5-Minute Pediatric Consult, Bright Futures, Harrison’s Manual of Medicine, and more.
What's New in Version 1.22
* Interface design optimized for iOS 7
* New settings menu (tap Unbound logo in upper left) allows user to:
-- Update Content
-- Contact Support
-- Give Feedback
-- Rate the App
-- View all Unbound Medicine applications in iTunes store
-- Learn about us
* New Pull Down for Updates feature (iPhone/iPod Touch)
* New Click on App Title for Updates (iPad)
* New multi-level section display on iPad allows user to quickly jump to
designed sub-section within a topic
* New Languages supported:
* Updated languages:
-- British English
* Users now alerted before updated to ensure they are connected to WIFI
* Note: Minimum supported iOS version 5.0
* Bug fixes
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 27 February 2014
- Version: 1.22
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- © 2013 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.