VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Fixed an issue with mkv videos crashing on iOS 12
· Adjusted the filterview and timer view to not be hidden by the playback controls on newer iPhones
· Addressed CVE-2018-19937 a user was able to bypass the Passcode screen by opening a URL and turning the phone
· Bugfixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, easy to use.
Subtitles are not ok to small can see reading
VLC as we know it
These VLC guys can do no wrong and this app is all that we have learned to expect from the VLC brand.
Most importantly, though, iPad no longer suffers from the closed nature of Apple 'ecosystem'. No Handbrake or payable app needed, we can DL/UL, stream, mirror, the lot and use iPad as we were supposed to from the get go.
- 140.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.