By Orawee Wiriyathananon
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
**Note: To learn about logging in with your Facebook username, please read our help page:
FaceChat brings you a convenient way to keep in touch with your Facebook friends all day long without having to keep your Facebook profile open. This compact chat app lives in your status bar and gives you notifications (configurable) when new chat messages arrive. It has many features not available in Facebook's web chat and keeps you logged in as long as you like.
- Is a standard chat application optimized for Facebook chat (not web chat).
- Full chat history saved automatically.
- Single drop down window design handles multiple chats simultaneously.
- Username and password stored in your Mac's Keychain securely.
- Configurable sound notifications.
- Can run at startup automatically.
- Ability to appear offline.
- More reliable and convenient than web chat.
- Keeps you logged in regardless of whether or not you're logged into the Facebook site.
- Can be set to run at startup automatically. Easy to stay connected.
- Does not access your Facebook account or personal information (no app linking).
- Unobtrusive size and placement means no unwanted distractions.
- Single window design means no clutter.
To get started just login with your Facebook username (not your email) and password. Your personal information is not accessed (no Facebook application "linking") and your credentials remain safely on your computer (authentication is handled securely between the app and Facebook's servers).
What's New in Version 1.2
- Fixed issues with chat window formatting (including improving Lion compatibility).
- Improved Asian language handling.
- Added option to clear chat history.
- App now follows active space (does not switch spaces on activation).
- Several performance improvements.
- 4,99 €
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 30 August 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Orawee Wiriyathananon
- © 2011 RamenShoppe
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later