Hematology Outlines: HH Rashidi MD & JC Nguyen MD
By Richard Stoner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Top rated Hematology atlas on the app store ***
Hooman H. Rashidi MD and John C. Nguyen MD
* The anticipated iPhone Hematology Atlas is now available free of charge. Similar to the iPad atlas, the iPhone hematology atlas provides the same content while being optimized for the iPhone user. We hope you enjoy this new resource. *
Outlines is a comprehensive full-featured medical education application available for both iPad and iPhone.
The Hematology Atlas allows multiple interactive options (e.g. rapid side-by-side comparisons of the individual entities, etc.), encompasses the normal and abnormal hematologic entities and displays them all through a very user-friendly environment. It depicts the individual cell types (e.g. RBCs and precursors, granulocytes and precursors, lymphocytes and precursors, etc.) in a visually stimulating style and allows the user to review the morphology, clinical relevance and look-a-likes in a very efficient manner. Multiple 3D diagrams and charts are also incorporated to enhance the user experience. For added educational tools (e.g. virtual slide self-assessment, etc.) and app tutorial, please feel free to visit the online Atlas at www.HematologyOutlines.com.
The Hematology Glossary is an overview of the most commonly used terms in Hematology. It also allows the user to compare multiple topics (similar to the Atlas) and with its easy to navigate search tool, individual entities are quickly found. For added educational tools (e.g. flash cards, etc.), please feel free to visit the online Glossary at www.HematologyOutlines.com.
The software is intended as an educational tool only and designed for health care professionals in-training such as medical students, residents, medical technologists, fellows and anyone with an interest in Hematology. It's a great tool to help studying for the USMLE.
Additionally it may also be used by physicians as a visual aid tool for their patients (e.g. to show the patient what their hematopoietic diseased cells may look like). However, use of this material for clinical diagnosis and/or patient management is prohibited. This is an educational resource only.
* Interactive comparison tool (enables comparison of multiple subjects): Present in both Atlas & Glossary
* Quick search tool: Present in both Atlas and Glossary
* 3D cartoon images of entities: Present in the Atlas under the individual entities
* High Yield Diagrams and Tables for hematopoiesis and RBC abnormalities (e.g. RBC infections, abnormal RBC morphologies, RBC inclusions, etc.)
* Interactive "Compare" feature within each entity broadens the user experience and enhances the learning process: Present in the Atlas
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Fixed bug introduced in iPad layout of 1.0.3
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 01 August 2013
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 49.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Richard Stoner
- © Hematology Outlines, 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.