By Ingengo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What is KIDiPLAY Match?
KIDiPLAY Match is an entertaining and educational memory matching game that helps kids develop and practice their cognitive, fine motor, language, visual and auditory skills. The children also get to hone their reasoning skills and the understanding of function and relationship between objects by matching cards that display pictures of things that go together. This app promotes independent play. It is also a great teaching aid for parents and educators of special needs children with autism spectrum disorders, speech delays or visual impairment.
“The pictures, sound effects, background music, and the different levels of difficulty will provide kids with endless hours of gameplay.” Review by iHeartThisApp.
“I can see a lot of potential for this app being used with special needs children as well.” Review by Apps for Homeschooling.
Watch the video of KIDiPLAY Match at www.kidismart.com.
Why should you download our app?
*To improve your kid(s) cognitive skills such as short term memory, perception and concentration
*To develop your kid(s) critical thinking and categorical reasoning skills (by playing the WHAT GOES TOGETHER game)
*To focus on the auditory skills (in the SOUNDS game only sounds are heard, no pictures are displayed)
*To challenge your kid(s) language skills such as phonology, vocabulary, receptive and expressive language skills (through the use of voiceover)
*To develop visual memory, visual perceptual motor skills and visual auditory integration
*To engage visually impaired kids in developing their auditory, language and other skills (by complementing pictures with voice)
*To conduct therapy sessions with kids who need to improve their cognitive, language, auditory and memory skills (with the aid of the Freeze Match mode or by focusing on a single topic)
*To fine tune your kid(s) fine motor skills
What are the main features of KIDiPLAY Match?
*Three different matching games in one app
-PICTURES with over 80 pictures to match in six categories: food, transportation, animals, tools, musical instruments and clothing
-SOUNDS with over 50 sounds to match in five categories: human, transportation, animal, birds and household
-WHAT GOES TOGETHER with over 60 pairs of common objects that typically go together
* Three difficulty levels for each game
* The game optionally names each picture as the card is flipped to engage both visual and auditory memory
* The game optionally names pictures and sounds when they are matched, and verbally connects things that go together
* In the “freeze match” mode, the game pauses after two cards are matched to allow for a discussion with an adult
* All sounds can be turned off
* Optional kid-friendly score between 10 and 100
* Six alternating classical background melodies
* Universal app, available for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
Recommended Ages: 2-8
Categories: Education, Games, Special Needs
What's New in Version 2.0
We added even more content: a category of pictures of clothing in the PICTURES game, bird sounds in the SOUNDS game and new pairs of objects to match in the WHAT GOES TOGETHER game
We added a Settings menu. Now, users can adjust setting so that:
* the narrator optionally names each picture as the card is flipped to engage both visual and auditory memory;
* the narrator optionally names pictures and sounds when they are matched, and verbally connects things that go together;
* in the “freeze match” mode, the game pauses after two cards are matched to allow for a discussion with an adult;
* all sounds can be turned off (sound of flipping cards, of game end, etc.); and
* there is a score given at the end of each game. The score is between 20 and 100, depending on the type of the game and the difficulty level, and is calculated based on the number of cards the player opened to make each match.
KIDiPLAY Match is a valuable addition to therapy sessions and is also great for the simple fun of playing. Given the app’s clear educational value, parents should rest assured: while playing KIDiPLAY Match, kids will improve their skills without even knowing about it.
- 1,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 28 June 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ingengo LLC
- © Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Ingengo LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.