MyTexts for BlackBerry Pro
By Alessandro Segala
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Archive all messages from your BlackBerry® into your Mac!
MyTexts for BlackBerry Pro is the first application that extracts your text messages to store them where you want!
You can export your messages into a set of nice-looking web pages (HTML), that can be opened and easily printed with any browser (e.g. Safari or Mozilla Firefox).
Alternatively, if you are an expert user, you can also choose the XML format, to import your texts into a custom application or a database!
● Extracts texts from BlackBerry® Desktop Manager backups!
● More than SMS messages! With MyTexts for BlackBerry Pro you can read your multimedia messages (MMS) too, obtaining pictures, photos, videos and all other attachments!
● Extracts contacts from the Address Book, with the Pro version, saving in vCard (supported by nearly all device, phone and application) or XML files.
● Supports backup generated by Desktop Manager for Mac (.bbb files) and Windows (.ipd files)!
● Save your messages into a set of HTML pages or in a XML file!
● Easy to use!
To extract your messages and contacts, you need to have a unencrypted backup file, generated by BlackBerry® Desktop Manager for Mac or Windows.
The phone does not need to be connected to the computer to use this application.
MyTexts for BlackBerry Pro has been tested with recent versions of Desktop Manager and BlackBerry® OS (4.6, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1).
BlackBerry® OS 4.5 and lower are not officially supported and thus may not work with MyTexts for BlackBerry Pro.
Multimedia messages (MMS) can be extracted only from backups of devices running BlackBerry® OS 6.0, 7.0 or higher.
The application supports SMS messages encoded with UCS-2 as well (containing non-latin characters).
Encrypted backup files are not supported by this application.
The BlackBerry®, Research In Motion® and RIM® trademarks are owned by Research In Motion Limited and are registered in the United States and in other countries.
Let's Dev It is not affiliated in any way with Research In Motion Limited.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Free upgrade to Pro edition!
● Multimedia messages (MMS) are now supported! Extract them, together with attachments (pictures, photos, videos and other files)!
● Extract contacts from the device Address Book!
● Extracted conversations can now include names next to phone numbers.
● Personalization: you can now change the background colors used in HTML files and you can set the default phone numbers locale.
● Resolved some minor issues and improved app stability in general.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.0.1:
• Restored compatibility with Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard (10.6.6+)
• Bug fixes
FOR EXISTING USERS:
If you get an error from the Mac App Store while downloading the update, please try closing MyTexts for BlackBerry, deleting all copies of the application from your Mac and emptying the trash. Eventually, re-install MyTexts for BlackBerry from the Purchases section in the App Store.