By Sam Freney
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Paradigmatic is an application to view and test your knowledge of Biblical Hebrew and New Testament (Koine) Greek verb paradigms.
Any student of Biblical languages should find this program useful. Please note that we're assuming a certain level of knowledge of Greek and/or Hebrew—i.e. this app won’t teach you grammar, but it will help you drill in and learn what you already know.
The Hebrew paradigm data-set includes:
* Strong Paradigms (פקד/קטל)
* I-Aleph, I-Guttural
* I-Waw, I-Yodh
* III-Aleph, III-Guttural
* Hollow Verbs, including polel/polal/hithpolel
* ‘Special’ roots: היה and חוה
The Greek paradigm data-set includes:
* Strong Paradigm (λυω)
* Contract verbs (-εω/-αω/-οω)
* Principal parts of irregular verbs
* -μι verbs
In addition to this, a number of grammar tables are available for easy consultation:
* Noun/Article/Pronoun declensions
* Greek Verbal Aspect uses
* Hebrew segholate patterns
* Pronominal suffixes
* Pegular verb patterns
* Irregular verb prefixes