Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PocketPacket started as an APRS client for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad devices, but is also available for the Mac desktop or laptop. The "Automatic Position Reporting System" is a packet communication protocol used by amateur radio operators (hams) around the world, to report position, status, station capabilities, weather or other information in real time. Packets can also be used for broadcasting announcements or one-to-one messaging.
PocketPacket incorporates a software-based TNC, allowing you to directly capture and visualize, or encode and transmit 1200 baud packets (AFSK modulation) using a VHF radio transceiver. With PocketPacket you can also get and send packets over the Internet, by selecting one of the available Tier 2 servers of the global APRS-IS network.
Incoming data is presented on a map, as most packets define some object, with a specific symbol and location. By selecting a symbol, you can view the latest information sent for the corresponding object, as well as the raw packets that produced it. All available objects are also shown in a list, which allows you to search for the ones you are looking for. Messages and bulletins are shown in a separate set of screens, structured like an e-mail client.
With PocketPacket you can follow the status of the APRS network or submit your station's info. Monitor moving objects, get real time weather reports directly from local stations and more. Especially with the iOS version and an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, you can have a full-fledged picture of packet activity in a small, portable package - ideal for field work or the ham shack.
73 de SV1OAN
What's New in Version 1.4.2
- Full drag-and-drop and copy-paste support from packet list and messaging views. Drag out to export to csv formatted file. Copy and paste to text editor.
- Show options with right-click on above views.
- Added Drafts and Trash folders in Messaging.
- Fixed compatibility with SignLink USB device.
- New menu option for clearing all packets from a source.
- Added immediate "Send a Packet" action for each packet source.
- Added find location button in Preferences.
- Will now save custom map window toolbar item selection and placement.
- Updated APRS-IS server list.