Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sapphire is a lightweight & versatile document-based project, file, & application manager and can be used either as a standalone solution or in conjunction with other project or file management application. Rather than maintain a single application database, Sapphire creates individual XML database files for groups and subgroups of your project's documents, notes, and workflow utilities.
• Tags can be uniquely defined for each Sapphire project file.
• Open any tagged file or application no matter where it's located in the file system (including Dropbox folders) with one click.
• Easily launch scriplets and Automator Action directly from your Project File.
• Sapphire Files are Unicode documents portable across other platforms (including mobile).
• Sapphire Project Files are easily opened & managed by other XML-capable applications.
• Fully compatible with Dropbox and Dropbox Add-Ons.
How it works:
As an added external from the documents attached meta-data tool, Sapphire provides more date and ways to connect files related via its internal set of tools.
How powerful is Sapphire?
Simple enough for the smallest projects and sophisticated enough for the most complex, Sapphire is a must-have utility for anyone mixing diverse file and document types and applications in their daily workflow.
So you can have two external documents point to the same one with each having its own label. Then you can create a super document that includes those two with the near limitless nesting of Sapphire hierarchies.
Document A -- Writing Assignments
(contains Document B and Document C)
--> Document B
--> Document C
With these two made before making Document A in Sapphire
Document B - label as term paper
--> Term Paper.pages
Document C - label as masters thesis
--> Masters Paper.pages
Imagination is the clearest limit for you from now on.
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Minor Date Display Fixes, New Icon, Minor Corrections to Help File