By Jonathan Clark
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Securely erase files, meaning that if they are ever recovered (by specialist software) their content will be useless. For added security, data can be overwritten up to 35 times and the name and date of the file/folder changed to random values.
Both files and folders can be added to the list to be shredded. Files will have their content overwritten and then the file will be deleted.
Any folders in the list will be searched and any files residing in them will be shredded. The folder will then be deleted.
For added security you can choose to randomly rename and re-date files/folders. This ensures that it is impossible to categorise/understand any 'deleted' files/folders which may later be recovered. Dates are changed to random up to the year 2040.
Folders can be excluded from being shredded, and only the files within them will be shredded.
* Please note: Issues posted to the reviews cannot be addressed. If a problem should arise with the application please use our support email.
* If you have trouble shredding files or folders, it is mostly likey a permissions issue on your disk which you will need to address.
What's New in Version 1.12.1
- Important big fix (which was properly not fixed in previous version)
- 5,99 €
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 03 November 2014
- Version: 1.12.1
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jonathan Clark
- © 2014 Jonathan Clark
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later