A Casebook Approach
George Sylvie and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Media Management: A Casebook Approach provides a detailed look at the major areas of responsibility that fall to the managers of media organizations, including leadership, motivation, planning, marketing, and strategic management. It provides media-based cases that promote the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Addressing such topics as diversity, group cultures, progressive discipline, training, and market-driven journalism, this casebook provides real-world scenarios that help students anticipate and prepare for experiences in their future careers.
Among the additions to this fourth edition are
- Increased discussions on groups, vision, change, diversity, and management styles;
- Additional media-sensitive examples within each section of the text;
- A new chapter on knowledge management;
- Ethics integrated into law and leadership discussions;
- A primer in global markets, technology, and policy;
- In-depth consideration into the aspects of change; and
- Increased emphasis on analysis.
This edition also includes management scenarios in which one or more participant is a new employee or intern, making the material relevant to students while also preparing them to understand the motivations of their future employers. Developed as a media management text for advanced undergraduates and graduate students, Media Management provides realistic scenarios and invaluable insights on working in the media industries.