60 Story Starters
By Super Duper Publications
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Webber® Photo Cards — 60 Story Starters Application for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® takes 60 story starter images from this Super Duper® Publications card deck and combines them with audio to create 180 entertaining ways for students to begin telling their own stories. Story Starters also helps children improve their describing, questioning, inferencing, writing, and storytelling/retelling skills.
This application is simple to use — students just touch the screen to listen to a story starter, and then say or write what they think will happen next. Tap the refresh button to hear a different story starter. There are three different starters per image. To move to the next card, just slide the card to the side and the next image appears. To move to the next player, tap the bar at the top of the screen and select a name. You can also advance cards and players automatically by selecting the Auto-Advance option in the Settings menu. You can leave a game by selecting End from the menu. To return to the game, select Resume from the main menu. When you finish, view the results in a graph, and print or email your data.
Webber® Photo Cards — 60 Story Starters App lets you:
* Select all 60 cards or just the ones you want students to see.
* Track correct and incorrect responses for an unlimited number of players.
* Teach the important parts of a story (beginning, middle, and end).
* Discuss how characters feel in a story.
* Describe the setting of a story.
* Increase sentence length and improve written language.
* Generalize articulation and fluency skills.
What's New in Version 4.0
Improved support for iOS 9+
* Add avatars or photos to students
* Group students
* Group cards into custom decks
* Customizable layout (image, text, buttons)
* Contact us directly through the app, no email required
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 13 September 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Super Duper, Inc.
- © 2011 Super Duper Publications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.