Art Pets! Lite
By Jiayi Chong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Art Pets! - Making creature art come alive on the iPad!
This is the lite version of the app.
Ever wanted to make your own wacky creatures on your iPad? Art Pets! is the tool for you!
Art Pets! is a creative tool allowing for the creation of animated creatures on the iPad. Construct creatures by mixing and matching a huge collection of body images(heads, tails, wings etc.). Creature body parts are translated, rotated and scaled into place using an intuitive multitouch interface. A whole suite of tools are available to control the movement of body parts as well as the appearances of the creature. A unique and powerful creature graphics engine in Art Pets! allows for the warping, animation and shading of digital creatures. Body parts can be made to bend and flop about as the creature moves. Additional effects such as 3D lighting and glow are available at the user's creative disposal. Drop creatures into a selection of dynamic Creature Homes. These include a coral reef and a magical night scene. Users can also share their creature creations with the rest of the world by posting screenshots of them over email or Facebook.
- A unique way of warping static body part images into a user defined shape.
- Creature body parts move, bounce and flop about in a dynamic fashion, responding to real world creature movement.
Tails will bounce, wings will flap and heads will bob about as the creature roams about in its environment!
- A special creature shading engine which gives a whole world of dimensionality to the creature. Watch light glint off a scaly tail, control the color of reflected light and add advanced effects like glow to make the creatures so much more compelling.
- Add tails, bends, wings, legs and other body parts when constructing the creature.
- Pick from a huge variety of creature body part images. Match up a horse's head to a bird's body and add a scaly tail to create special fantasy creatures.
- Move, rotate and scale body parts using a multitouch interface. For users requiring added precision, the ability to manipulate individual points on the body part is also available.
- Full on copy, paste and undo operations supported during creature construction.
- Pick from a collection of beautifully drawn creature homes for your creations to roam in. Creature homes are fully dynamic, including fireflies that follow your finger and bubbles that spawn as interact with an underwater reef.
- Share photos of the creatures via email or post them to Facebook.
- Tutorial Videos are included with the app to help the user get started.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Fixed tutorial video issue
- Internal engine update