Beacon - Ambient stock market information
By Steven Romej
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beacon is an ambient information source for stock market information. ☼ Infinite color range between highs and lows.
Set it up and let it glow. A quick glance is all you need to do to get the latest market information. If the color isn't enough, tap the screen to reveal the exact percent change.
The beacon will glow yellow when the market is calm. Varying levels of green or red indicate an up or down market. Watch as the display transitions with the market.
Dedicated ambient information devices sell for $100 or more. Beacon enhances your iPad to give you the same functionality.
Make comments on market conditions while having dinner. Exhibit a prescient knowledge of stock levels, feign that you "felt an adjustment".
It's a beautiful way to use your iPad from across the room. Your own distraction free window to the markets.
* Index presets: S&P 500, Dow, NASDAQ, FTSE 100, NIKKEI 225
* Enter a custom stock symbol if you don't want to monitor an index
* Adjust the market fluctuation sensitivity levels
* Adjust the update interval time
* Display settings allow you to show an information panel
* Try dragging a finger across the surface
I'm here if you have a problem or have suggestions. You can contact me from within the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be used in a passive manner. Quotes delayed (Yahoo Finance).
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Fix for Dow Jones Industrial quote