The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce: An Aimer Edition
By Aimer Media Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Devil's Dictionary is one of the great works of American satire and possibly the greatest mock reference work of all time. Ambrose Bierce's most famous creation emerged from a collection of newspaper items which eventually became what we know as as The Devil's Dictionary in 1911. Now one hundred years later, and through various print and electronic incarnations, it has become the classic satirical dictionary.
This Aimer edition brings brings a digital dimension to this infamous text so you can :
- move between the linked cross-references found in most entries to take you that linked word to the full entry
- search either via the entry headings or the full text to find the exact definition you had in mind but couldn't find in the print
- shake your device to get a random entry though if you think shaking the iPad looks silly we have also added a button that does the same thing
But most of all just swipe, search or link your way to an entry that makes you laugh out load and enjoy the wicked delight of this enduring work of literary fun.
- USD 2.99
- Category: Books
- Released: 08 October 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Aimer Media Ltd.
- © Aimer Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.