By Spatiality Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improvements/fixes for version 1.96:
• Improvements related to iOS5 (such as larger street view image and web page display).
• Restored images in Tab Bar and the "bullseye" on the map.
• Enhancements to location services.
• Easier search preferences: the option to set search distance and miles/kilometers is now persistent (it'll be the same next time you open the app) and integrated with address search.
Earlier updates include:
• New landmarks! (approved by Chicago City Council in October 2011): White Castle #16 at E. Cermak Road, Kenwood United Church of Christ at S. Greenwood Ave., and the latest Schlitz Brewery Tied House at N. Oakley Ave.
• Facebook is added to the "Share" option for each landmark. You can directly post information about each landmark to your wall, with a customized note.
Landmarks: Chicago is perfect for tourists, tour guides, architects, historic preservationists, urban planners, realtors, renters & homebuyers, and anyone else curious about Chicago’s architectural history.
Landmarks: Chicago lists the official landmarked buildings and sites near you, anywhere in the city. It tells you when each landmark was designated, provides detailed info such as architect and year built, and provides links to Wikipedia & the Chicago Landmarks Commission website.
Thumbnail photos are displayed for all 300 landmarks, with links to hi-res images. You can view the locations on a map, and email details about the landmark directly from the app.
What's New in Version 1.96
Enhancements for iOS5.
Restored images in Tab Bar and the "bullseye" on the map.
Improvements related to location services.
Changed search preferences so they're persistent and integrated with address search option.
- USD 0.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 25 January 2012
- Version: 1.96
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Steven Romalewski
- © Steven Romalewski / Spatiality Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.