Radio Navigation Simulator for iPhone - Instrument Navigation Trainer for Pilots
By Digital Aviation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Radio Navigation Simulator is a precision 2D Flight Simulator, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF instruments, all displayed with a Directional Gyro on a realistic Flight Panel, with other Flight Panel functionality.
Radio Navigation Simulator (RNS) is flown in a Synthetic Flight Environment, with real world derived aeronautical data, using latitude and longitude mapping, where realistic flight training can take place.
RNS is the perfect mobile tool for instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test. Experienced pilots will find RNS valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
-- REVIEWS --
+++++ "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
++++ "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
++++ "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
+++++ "Great learning tool!"
+++++ "Fantastic trainer!"
● Full support for retina displays.
● Flight Environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● RNS operates with a Synthetic Aeronautical Database.
● The Radio Navigation Facilites area is approx 300 x 200 nm.
● Unrestricted Lat & Long flight outside of Facilities area.
● Area Navigation Facilities are VOR, VOR-DME and NDB.
● Scaleable Chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full Chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft Track Trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight Panel and Navigation Chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic Flight Panel with the following Instruments:
● VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI) and Directional Gyro .
● Manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed Time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead Reckoning Navigation Capability.
● Intuitive Multi-Gesture Operated User Interface.
● Touch Button Flying Controls.
● PopUp Toolbars & Annunciators to manage Flight Panel facilities.
● PopUp Toolbars and Icons to manage Chart facilities.
● Detailed "Getting Started" Help, available within the app.
● Printable Radio Navigation exercises with charts.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Two Chart Orientation modes are now included:
* North Up - Aircraft moves across chart and chart is orientated North.
* Heading Up - Chart stays centred on aircraft and chart is oriented by aircraft heading
These can be selected using the new Chart Orientation buttons on the Environment and Exercises menu page.
General bug fixes and performance improvements.
- USD 2.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 14 August 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Gary Pallett
- © 2001-2016 Digital Aviation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.