Taiwan Travel Guide and Tour - Discover the real culture of Taipei on a trip with local people
By Duckdive Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Taipei by local Taiwanese people to experience local culture.
We recommend this app to travelers who want to:
- Learn about Taipei local culture
- Meet and become friends with locals
- Create your own tour and travel at your own pace
- Get off the beaten path guidebooks pave
Rather than relying on a guidebook or city guide, this app lets you directly contact locals and sign up for low-price trips. It makes researching and ranking things to do in Taiwan much easier by putting you in the hands of local guides who can take you to non-touristy spots. Whether you are a solo student or backpackers using Hipmunk and, staying in a motel or hostel, or a group of families or friends using Triposo on vacation, tours are easy, cheap, and personalized based on your budget and schedule. A local will act as your personal guide, similar to the AroundMe apps, taking you to unique, nearby locations.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where locals act as a city guide and recommend area-specific trips for visitors to browse. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor,Wikitravel, and Viator only suggest popular destinations, this app allows you to personally contact a guide who will show you both unknown and famous locations found on Top 10 things to do in Taipei, as well as a non-news tourist agency guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, TripIt, and mTrip. Traveling has never been easier. Often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” this app takes the pressure away from navigating a city guide, blog, map, or tourist brochure. Once your trip is finished, you can leave a comment or recommendation in the user review section to help future travelers.
Sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, and Booking.com, exist so you can find inexpensive flights. CouchSurfing and hostels.com were created to give you convenient housing options while travelling. You could plan a budget trip using XE Currency, Wikitude, SayHi Translate, and UrbanSpoon to get a taste of local culture, but navigating a new city is difficult. Even if you are able to use Avis, Enterprise, Rent-a-car, or Hertz to get a car rental abroad, it is much easier to have a local show you around using public transportation. If you want a hassle-free, unforgettable day trip, you should download this free app. Forget the city guide, let locals give you a taste of the wonders of Taiwan, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide.
Special Features of Meetrip:
- Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Taipei
- Ask any travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
- Book directly from the app - before you travel or even while you're traveling
- Fast, simple, and secure booking
- Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Taiwan. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
- Explore the walled city of Zhongzheng (中正區), famous for the collection of governmental buildings and gardens.
- Eat Chinese cuisine at a night market, such as Shida night market (師大路夜市)
- Visit the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (国立中正纪念堂).
- View the Longshan Temple (龍山寺), a beautiful, historic temple built in 1738 in the Wanhua district
- Spend the day at the Qingshan Temple and the Qingshui Temple, both rich with history and religious traditions.
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art houses, or MoCA (台北當代藝術館).
- Walk around the Zhongshan neighborhood and visit the Taipei Fine Arts Museum (台北市立美術館).
- Explore the National Palace Museum (國立故宮博物院) and its collection of nearly 700,000 pieces of ancient Chinese artifact.
- Explore the Yangmingshan (陽明山國家公園), one of the national parks in Taiwan with an extinct volcano, the Seven Star Mountain (七星山)
- Shop at Taipei 101 (台北101), formally known as the Taipei World Financial Center.
- Drink tea in the romantic Maokong (貓空).
What's New in Version 3.2
Addition of message notification feature
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 August 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Duckdive Inc.
- © 2012 Duckdive Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.