By Vail Systems, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Whistle Phone is an app for calling or texting your family and friends for free over Wifi or your mobile data plan.
On your own customized phone number, you can make and receive unlimited texts from high-definition and secure calls to other Whistle users. You can also make inexpensive calls to landlines and cell phones or text anyone in the US for a fraction of your regular rate when you go Premium.
And, if you need to make calls anywhere in the world, we've got extremely low rates.
- Make and take calls from your desktop or mark yourself as unavailable
- Choose your look and feel from seven different skins
- Contact integration has you calling and texting in no time
- Secure, encrypted calling prevents snooping on public wireless networks
- High-Definition calls to other Whistle clients make your calls sound as clear as the music you hear on your iPod
- Send your Whistle calls to any phone number via our call forwarding service for a low per-minute rate
- If you can't get to a call, we'll send it to your Whistle voicemail
- Includes two-line calling features, including call waiting and three way calling
- Pauses and restarts your iTunes music automatically when you receive a call
- Optionally blocks unwanted calls from people who aren’t in your Contacts
- Use Whistle as a client with any 3rd party SIP service
- Support for In App purchases through the Mac App Store
And, one note: Your best experience is going to be with headphones. Using the built-in speakers and mic at the same time may cause echo.
Please direct comments on bug fixes or feature requests to either firstname.lastname@example.org or to our support site at http://support.whistlephone.com. We do really want to hear from you and we've set up these forums to address your thoughts directly.
* Whistle Phone is also available for your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad from the App Store *
What's New in Version 1.45
- Gatekeeper v2 code signature