By Redshirt Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
4.5/5 on AppSafari: http://www.appsafari.com/games/11284/zengaku/
You can try before you buy with Zengaku Lite!
You know Sudoku. You know Kakuro. Zengaku is the next level of brain twisting number crunching puzzle fun.
Zengaku has teased out the best elements of Sudoku and Kakuro to create a number puzzle game that we takes the number puzzle genre to the next level. Kakuro forces you to find sums within interesting patters similar to a crossword. Sudoku limits you to numbers 1 through 9 appearing only once in a row or column. Zengaku blends those concepts creating a logic/strategy puzzle that is fresh and new and fun. You might say its Kakuro and Sudoku remixed.
Zengaku's UI is top notch It gets out of your way and lets you solve the puzzle the way you want. We'd even go so far as to say it's almost Zen-like. The name, Zengaku, is actually from a japanese word that means: total, full amount, or sum according to some translations.
Give Zengaku a try you'll be done with Sudoku and Kakuro forever. Zengaku is the future. Start solving these great puzzles now.
Here are the rules:
- The numbers 1 through 9 must appear exactly once in every column and in every row.
- Numbers in a column must sum to the number above them.
- Numbers in a row must sum to the number to their left.
- A circle joining any two squares indicates that the digits in those squares must be consecutive.
- Squares which are not joined by a circle must not have consecutive digits.
Zengaku comes with the following features:
1. 250 levels, split across 3 difficulty levels plus 2 sets of mini-puzzles to get you started.
2. Zoomable game field to make entering digits easier. You can use a double tap or pinch gesture.
3. Ability to enter multiple notes into a cell to keep track of possible answers.
4. A check button to verify your answers whenever you're ready.
5. Puzzle progress is saved for each started puzzle.
Brush up on your math and logic skills, you'll need them!
But what are our users saying? Here are some quotes:
***** Challenging, great interface - A very welcome step up in complexity from Sudoku, and the interface makes it easy to prune down the possible answers. - Ritch Lather
***** Great Puzzle Game! - If you like Sudoku then you will love this app! Excellent interface with ability to zoom makes it easy to use. Some of those hard puzzles are very challenging!! - PeMiL
**** Solid puzzle game - Great puzzle game for anybody who likes Sudoku but is ready for a new and more complex challenge. Intuitive interface with good help documentation and even a sample walkthrough. Highly recommended. - acjohnso25
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- Added a timer display to the victory screen.
- Fixed minor bug where some hints were shown even when the hint mode was disabled.
- 250 puzzles to solve.
- Twitter and Facebook sharing and bragging.
- UI tweaks for the iPhone 4 Retina display.
- Jumbled Mini Puzzles.
- Time your games.
- Configuration settings screen.
- Orientation Lock.
- Multiple orientation support.
- USD 2.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: 23 February 2011
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Redshirt Labs
- Copyright © 2010-2011 Redshirt Labs. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.