Earth Science Through Digital Photos
Por Alex D. Jones
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
This app is designed for children who are 8-11 years old, elementary science teachers, and anyone interested in photography! This is truly an educational application. The app contains photographs that pertain to life science on an elementary level. Each photograph contains 3 details with audio. A photo album is displayed and a photograph is chosen. The photograph opens in full screen with numbered markers. Tap the markers and view the corresponding detail with optional audio. The concept for this application was derived from an instructional strategy I used in my elementary classroom. The use of digital photography in the classroom aided in making the abstract concrete and aided in English language development for students’ whose first language was not English. Earth Science Through Photography provides inspiring photos that will stimulate your child's curiosity as well as your own!
• sparks discussion and lets children reflect on their learning process
• brings science vocabulary and concepts to the classroom
• aids in expository writing exercises
• activates student prior knowledge
• reveals misconceptions about science
• checks for mastery of science concepts
Using Photography To Build Vocabulary:
Research on language and vocabulary development has shown that children who have more experiences have better vocabulary development, and thus are better prepared to learn to read and comprehend what they read.
Designed for 3 Learning Styles
• Visual learners easily remember visual details and prefer to see what they are learning.
• Auditory learners like to have things explained orally.
• Tactile learners like to touch things in order to learn about them.
Novedades de la versión 1.1
Review feature added.
Captura de pantalla del iPhone
Otros usuarios también compraron
- USD 0.99
- Categoría: Educación
- Actualizado : 29/08/2011
- Versión: 1.1
- Tamaño: 14.7 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Alex D Jones
- © Alex D. Jones
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 3.2 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.