A Vet Tool
By Luke Campbell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A Vet Tool is the perfect app for veterinarians, vet technicians, anyone working in the veterinary field, veterinary students, or anyone that is just interested in more information about the drugs and tests used at a vet clinic.
By downloading A Vet Tool you are getting five fully featured applications. The five applications are accessible through an easy to use tab based interface.
- The first application is a complete small animal (cat and dog) drug formulary with over 650 drugs. The drugs can be accessed quickly with an alphabetical index or by using the search function. Each drugs lists the indications and appropriate drug dosages in a format perfectly suited for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. When compared to the price of a printed formulary this function alone makes A Vet Tool a great value!
- The second application contains common blood value lab results for birds, cats, cattle, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, horses, and turtles.
- The third application is a collection of x-ray comparisons such as a good knee versus an OA knee.
- The fourth application contains nine calculators:
• Math calculator with memory function, the memory is saved even when the app is exited.
• Conversion calculator that performs common conversions that a veterinary professional must do on a daily basis. It includes weight units (Kg, gram, mg, μg, ounce, lb), liquid units (Liter, dL, mL, ounce, tsp, tbsp, cc) and temperature units (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin).
• Age calculator which takes a birth date as the input and outputs the age in years, months, weeks, and days.
• Gestation calculator which can calculate the estimated birth date of several different species.
• Fluid rate calculator which can calculate the ml/hour for fluids.
• Dosage calculator to calculate how much mg of a drug should be given based on the patient's weight.
• Body surface area calculator for dogs and cats.
• Energy Requirements calculator for dogs and cats.
• Transfusion calculator to determine the volume of donor blood needed
- The fifth application is a great notepad. The notepad allows you to categorize your notes with an icon that can be easily identified on the main note listing. The note titles can be searched to provide quick access. Notes can be added, deleted, and edited at any time.
A Vet Tool was created with the assistance of several veterinary professionals and will provide anyone in the veterinary field or interested in the veterinary field a great value for their iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Now requires at least iOS 3.0
- Universal update, native support for iPad
- Retina display updates
- Supports multitasking if available
- New drug information
- Energy Requirement Calculator
- Transfusion Calculator
- Temperature Conversions
Customers Also Bought
- USD 6.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 30 September 2010
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Luke Campbell
- © Luke Campbell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.