Audubon Wildflowers California – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
By Green Mountain Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Did you know that certain wildflowers do not bloom until after a wildfire? Discover unique species, like the Fire Poppy, in the California chaparral and coastal scrub. Bring along your Audubon Wildflowers California mobile app, and get year-round information about buds in bloom! Identify over 750 species of flowers with in-depth descriptions about appearance, range, flowering, and habitat. Created in affiliation with the National Audubon Society, this app features beautiful high-quality photos. Every species is described with rich and detailed information, all accessed by fast and easy navigation.
▪ Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
▪ Detailed range maps highlighting species distribution.
▪ In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, and much more.
▪ Real time availability, no matter where you are, even without an internet connection.
▪ ‘Journal’ feature allows you to track and annotate you personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
▪ State-of-the-Art search functions:
- By first name, last name, and scientific name of every species
- By family
- By wildflower shape
- By multiple “advanced search” variables including habitats, size, color and leaf variations
▪ An extensive reference section describing wildflower identification, parts of a flower, classification and names.
▪ Created in Alliance with the National Audubon Society with a portion of sales supporting the mission of NAS
▪ From the leading publisher of nature and wildlife apps, our mobile field guides have received 22 special mentions and recognition in the iTunes store.
About Audubon Guides
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive series of interactive digital field guides that combine smart phone technology with the Audubon Society’s vast library of information about nature, brought entirely up to date. All Apps are created in alliance with the National Audubon Society. No longer is it necessary to carry bulky printed fields guides. What are you waiting for? Start exploring your world with Audubon Mobile Field Guides.
About the Company
Green Mountain Digital is an innovative digital media publisher specializing in an outdoor oriented product line. The company was created in 2009 in Woodstock, Vermont, to introduce the wonders of nature, the outdoors, and wildlife to users of all ages. The apps have expanded the experience of technology and accessible information by fostering a global community based upon the idea of sharing information, education, and an active lifestyle. Green Mountain Digital is in partnership with the National Audubon Society and Orvis brands.
Visit Us Today!
What's New in Version 1.3
• Fixed iOS 5 issues
• A personal ‘Journal’ allows you to track and annotate your sightings
• Now share observations with friends directly from the app by email or Facebook
• Link your Journal to a your Personal Nature Account on AudubonGuides.com
• Improved interface & performance
- USD 2.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 21 October 2011
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 320 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Green Mountain Digital LLC
- © Green Mountain Digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.