By Parametrix Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BackTrack allows you to save your current location and then find your way back to it. It could be where you parked your car or maybe to help you find your campsite after a long day hiking.
With BackTrack you can save up to three separate locations and preview them in the maps application. You can then use the track functionality to guide you back to any of the locations.
The distance and heading to the selected location are shown along with your current heading and a big arrow which will point you in the correct direction when moving. Metric or Imperial units can be selected for the distance. A link to the maps application is also provided.
The accuracy of the current location is shown at all times, an iPhone 3G is essential.
** Important Information **
The application works very well if you follow these simple steps :-
1. Make sure you are using an iPhone 3G.
2. Before setting your location let the application run for a little while until the accuracy in the bottom toolbar shows a reasonable low number. You will need a clear line of sight to the sky for this.
3. The quality of guidance will be dependent on the quality of the GPS signal and the accuracy displayed.
4. The iPhone will only show the direction to the stored location when you are moving (this can be a steady walking pace). It has no way of knowing which way you are facing when you are stood still.
- Category: Navigation
- Released: 18 September 2008
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Andrew Long
- © Andrew Long
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.