FREE TRIAL: Cubit is free to try. You'll have 14 days to fully evaluate the app before being asked to pay to unlock it for $2.99. Once unlocked, the app is fully functional forever.
Cubit lets you measure distances with its Ruler tool, visualize the size of objects with its Box tool, and see how your photos look on a wall with its Photo Frame tool. Everything you do is saved in the History tool. Unlike other “AR ruler” apps, Cubit's intuitive UI makes it easy to take accurate measurements.
Cubit features include:
• Ruler tool - measures distance between points. You can put as many ruler lines in the scene as you like and they're tappable so they can be deleted. The measurement label on the line follows the camera so that it's always visible.
• Box tool - visualize the size and position of objects of all kinds. For example, if you're thinking about buying a couch, you can lay a box down of that exact size to see if it will fit in your space. You can then measure around it with the Ruler tool.
• Photo Frame tool – put your photos in a virtual frame and see how they look on your wall. Choose from 4 different frame styles.
• History tool - see all your previous measurements. Any time you create a ruler line or a box, a photo is automatically taken and stored in History. You can also snap a photo of the scene to History at any time.
• Boxes and ruler lines can be placed next to each other so, for example, you could see how much room you'd have from your new couch to the wall next to it.
• All lines and boxes are selectable and removable.
• More tools are coming soon!
— What kinds of things can Cubit measure?
Cubit is best at measuring across horizontal flat surfaces, but can also measure vertical surfaces with less accuracy.
— What devices does Cubit work with?
Cubit uses Apple's ARKit technology which requires iOS 11 or newer on an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, or new 9.7-inch iPad (2017).
— How accurate is Cubit?
In our testing with ideal conditions (flat horizontal surface and good lighting), measuring accuracy is around 99%. For vertical surfaces, double-check that the start and end points are correct as you measure. If they are, the measurement should have the same accuracy.
— How can I access previous measurements or virtual boxes I placed?
Use the included History tool! Cubit automatically takes photos of lines and boxes as you place them, and is even smart enough to automatically update its snapshots if it sees a better photo opportunity arise.
— Why “Cubit”?
Glad you asked! The cubit is a unit of measurement used by multiple ancient civilizations.
- Cubit is now free to try! You'll have 14 days to fully evaluate the app before being asked to pay to unlock it. Once unlocked, the app is fully functional forever. If you already purchased Cubit your app should already be unlocked.
- iPhone XS Max compatibility.
(1.5.3 is a small bug fix release)
Ratings and Reviews
Create the size and position of items and match with boxes.
- Made by Windmill, LLC
- 12.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Made by Windmill, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Trial Mode ฿99.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.