By Martin Buergel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What this App is:
Halma for iPad is an App that provides a board and the pieces for the classical Star Halma game for 2 or 3 players. It is a mobile game board for use on travel or at home. Searching for lost pieces is a thing of the past.
Optionally Halma for iPad can validate the moves on the board. With move validation active the following restrictions are applied to moves:
• Only moves or Jumps according to the rules are possible.
• After a single field move no further move will be possible. If the move was an error you must use the undo button - that is the button with the blue arrow pointing to the left - to go back.
• After a Jump only further Jumps will be possible. A single field move following a Jump will not be accepted.
• After moving a piece of a certain color it will not be possible to move another piece of the same color. Note: This validation will not apply after one player has endet the game and End of Game recognition is on. Thus the other players are able to count how many moves are missing.
For games with three players there is an option for validating the play direction (clockwise or anticlockwise), which can be chosen by an agreement between the players before the game starts. The play direction is determined with the first move of the second player in the game, i.e. the second color in use. Note: This validation will not apply after one player has endet the game and End of Game recognition is on.
• End of Move recognition - automatic deselection of a piece if no further move is possible.
• remember the game status when the application is suspended and restarted later.
• End of Game recognition - bringing the last piece home is reflected by a tiny animation.
• Soundeffects on or off
• Display of the current time
• Color selector for each player
What this App is not:
Halma for iPad is not a Computer Game in common sense. It does not act as an opponent and does not provide any artificial intelligence and therefore cannot be played by a single player.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Fixed a bug that could crash the app at startup when piece colors had been changed in a previous game session.