nRF Connect is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) (also called Bluetooth Smart or Version 4.0+ of the Bluetooth specification) devices and communicate with them.
nRF Connect also allows your iOS device to advertise as a peripheral,
with full support of many of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles.
Additionally, nRF Connect supports Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) allowing you to seamlessly update a multitude of compatible peripherals!
• Supports Nordic Semiconductor's (Secure & legacy) DFU.
• Supports the Nordic UART Service.
• Supports Nordic Thingy™ from Nordic Semiconductor.
• Scan and discover nearby BLE peripherals.
• Parses BLE multiple formats of advertisement data.
• Shows RSSI chart of all nearby peripherals.
• Logs Bluetooth related events and method calls.
• Connects to any connectable the Bluetooth Smart device.
• Discoveries services and characteristics.
• Allows to read and write characteristics.
• Allows to enable and disable notifications and indications.
• Beacon parsing.
• Advertise as a BLE peripheral .
• iOS 8.0 and above.
• iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad and above.
Additional to 3rd party BLE peripherals, nRF Connect also works with our Development Kits, you may buy a development kit online here:
With this update, nRF Connect brings you the following features and fixes
Thank you for testing nRF Connect!
In this update, we bring the following features and bug fixes:
• UTF-8 and UTF-16 Characteristic parsing when the presentation descriptor is present.
• Support of ASCII input that works side-by-side with byte array input.
• A new and improved input popover.
• Typos in log messages.
• Input popover was displayed incorrectly in landscape mode on smaller screens, now it's fully responsive.
Thanks to all your feedback, reviews and support, please keep them coming!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.