OutDoors America - GPS with Topo Maps & Trails
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Awesome GPS for outdoor people and outdoor sports- Superb maps for going off the beaten path– Search for nearby recommended Routes- Choice of 5 Map Types covering North America- 100% free Topo map downloads- Go anywhere with no need for phone signal- Free & unlimited Membership to www.outdoorsgps.com for planning/sharing routes **
OutDoors America is the most powerful GPS navigation app for outdoor sports in North America. Highly detailed on-board topographical maps and GPS tools mean you can depend on OutDoors America to get you there and back again- wherever your adventure takes you.
★★★★★ " An awesome app...Mountain bikers, trekkers and walkers will absolutely love it.” - [Mobile Fun]
★★★★★ “Many useful features...Excellent!”- [OutDoor Enthusiast Magazine]
★★★★★ “Extremely easy to use.” -[Trek & Mountain Magazine]
★★★★★ “Best Outdoor iPhone app.” - [Stuff Magazine]
HIKE, BIKE AND GO WILD…BUT NEVER GET LOST, WITH ON-BOARD MAPS
• Complete North American Topographic maps- showing detailed tracks, contours and vital features.
• Download Topo Maps for free- no limits!
• No need for phone signal as topo maps can be stored on your iPhone.
• Switch between cycle maps, road maps, satellite, hybrid, streetmaps.
• Easily follow your chosen route on the map.
• Current Position will stay centre to enable hands-free use (great for your bike).
• Find and download nearby routes.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL GPS WITH ROUTE RECORDING
• Record your Route with statistics; watch as it tracks your route on the map.
• Save & share your route on our website (or Facebook, Twitter).
• View Route Stats; Speed, Distance, Altitude, Time and more.
• In-built Compass, Longitude/Latitude.
• Super clear Direction View on the map for even faster navigation in bright light.
ACCESS FREE ROUTE BUILDING WEBSITE- WWW.OUTDOORSGPS.COM
• Create a free OutDoorsGPS Route Builder Account in 10 seconds!
• Plan, edit and share routes on your PC/Mac.
• Use our Map Search tool for finding routes near where you want to go.
• Then seamlessly move routes between iPhone, iPad and OutDoors website in seconds.
TOP TIPS: For Top Tips on using your iPhone out in the wild, go to our web-site here; http://outdoorsgps.com/tips.php.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. i.e. When viewing the map or recording your route.
What's New in Version 3.1
- New 'Find nearby routes' function on Routes page.
- Find Routes near other locations using the map
- Updated Tools page with:
1. Option to 'center and zoom' or just 'center' when centering on current location.
2. Option to turn GPS off in app.
- Improved create route function, you can now tap out the route on the map by touching the screen.
- Improved 'direction of view' graphic to show heading from current location.
- USD 0.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 01 February 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: RoadTour
- © RoadTour
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.