By Eric Da Cunha
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Qiblih is, in the Bahá'í Faith, the direction that should be faced during prayers.
It points to the Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh, near `Akká.
You no longer need an astrolabe or another costly device. Your iPhone can help you.
Depending on your model there are 2 options :
- With an iPhone 3GS/4 and its integrated compass, just wait one or two seconds and your iPhone will point the Qiblih.
The screen displays "Delta" with angular difference.
- With an older model or an iPod Touch / iPad, you'll need a real compass to find magnetic north. Then set the top of your device pointing the same direction. The arrow on the device will show you the Qiblih direction.
The screen displays "Compass bearing" with magnetic declination included.
No network access is required if you have GPS on your unit.
On the iPhone 3GS this is the FIRST application of its kind to benefit from the compass.
What's New in Version 2.10
- Universal app : iPad compatible.
- Better internal compass handling.
- New theme for compass display. Double tap on the compass to change view.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 02 March 2011
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Eric Da Cunha
- © Da Cunha Eric 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.