By Matthias Gansrigler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Yoink simplifies drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
When you start dragging a file in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the drop and resume the drag from Yoink's window.
For a video and other information please visit Yoink's website.
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @eternalstorms.
Yoink has been featured in the Mac App Store's 'Invaluable Utilities', 'Get Stuff Done', 'New and Noteworthy' and 'Staff Favorites' sections.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Yoink is ready for OS X Yosemite!
- Fresh, new look that fits in perfectly with Yosemite
- New, hand-crafted app icon and interface elements throughout the app
New Features in Yoink 3.0
- The window can now be resized or automatically adjusted
- Right-click onto a file-stack to show its contents
Improvements in Yoink 3.0
- File names and paths are localized
- Improved Yoink's advanced menu for easy access to certain preferences
- QuickLook Preview now better fits the content's size
- QuickLook preview icons can be turned off for more privacy
- QuickLook preview icons generate a little faster and use less memory
- Now shows on the screen of the drag by default
- Items can now all be removed at once by option-clicking onto X, additional to the Clear button
- Improved Mini-Window
- De-cluttered preferences
- Added support for Sketch
- Better memory footprint
Bugs fixed in Yoink 3.0
- Fixed a bug where files in Yoink sometimes couldn't be accessed after a relaunch of the app
- Fixed a bug where Yoink's preferences window would show when launched
- Fixed a bug where drags from Mail.app on Yosemite didn't work
- Fixed localization in some parts of the app
Version 3.0.2 brings the following improvements
- Added French localization
- Improved support for Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, TextWrangler and BBEdit
- Improved localized paths in the list of Ignored Apps
- Fixed a bug that prevented Yoink to run on OS X Lion
- Fixed a bug where, if the keyboard shortcut was removed, it returned after a re-launch
- Fixed a crash that happened when using QuickLook for vcf files
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
If you have a minute, please consider leaving a review on the Mac App Store - you would make my day.
If you'd like to follow the development process of my apps, you can read my blog at http://eternalstorms.wordpress.com or follow me on twitter (@eternalstorms).
Thank you kindly,
- USD 4.99
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 09 December 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2014, Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor