By e4c Solutions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VERSION REQUIRES iOS 4.01 MINIMUM. iPAD USERS WILL SOON BE ABLE TO USE CONVERSATIONAL TAGALOG WHEN iOS 4.2 IS RELEASED BY APPLE!!! iPADs CURRENTLY RUN ON "OLDER" iOS 3.2.x.
Version 2.0 is here!! Learn the national language of the Philippines!! Conversational Tagalog uses sentence patterns and word substitutions to quickly teach Tagalog to the English speaker. There are over 2500 words and 250 sentences in all!!
RATED "BETTER" BY APPREVIEW.COM on Feb. 11, 2009 for Version 1.2. The newest version, 2.0, is even better with many more words (2500), many more phrases (250), and updated graphics! New study tools, more sentences, and new word and sentence lists are available through the Conversational Tagalog in-app store.
Conversational Tagalog features:
1. An almost 2500 count Tagalog word list. In this mini dictionary application, you get both an English -> Tagalog word list and a Tagalog -> English word list. You will be able to scroll through indexed English or Tagalog words and see the translations. Hear a native speaker speak the Tagalog word. Practice the word until you feel comfortable with its pronunciation!!! For verbs, you'll also have multiple verb variants and tenses (past, present, future, infinitive) to practice and use.
2. A collection of 250 predefined sentences sorted by subject. These sentences can be used in many everyday situations. Listen to the intonation and pronunciation of the native speaker. Practice along!!! Sentence topics include:
- Greetings/Thank You/Goodbye
- Food and Drinks
- Health and Emergency
- General Observations
- Money Matters
- Love and Dating
- Requests and Commands
- Transportation and Directions
Each English sentence is shown with its Tagalog counterpart. Practice the Tagalog sentence by listening to the native speaker. Some sentences include extra lesson information to help the user create even more Tagalog sentences! The English to Tagalog word list will give you ideas to create those new sentences.
3. A Global Search function that displays string matches on one screen for both words and sentences. Looking things up is now even easier!!
4. A "QUIZ ME!" game which tests your knowledge of Tagalog words from the built-in English to Tagalog word list. Test yourself with a vocabulary of over 1000 words!! "QUIZ ME!" to learn new words each day or to keep your Tagalog vocabulary sharp!
What's New in Version 2.0
This version adds items in a Tagalog Store for purchase:
1. WordPak which adds 3 new word lists: Basic Words, Daily 10 for study, and Verbs only.
2. SentencePak which adds the following: doubles the total sentence count to 500 sentences and adds a Daily 10 for study.
3. StudyPak which adds the following new study tools: expanded Multiple Choice, Flash Cards, and Spelling. If the user purchased WordPak also, the Basic Words and Verbs Only word lists can be studied exclusively too. If the user purchased SentencePak also, the additional sentences from SentencePak become available for study too.
- USD 5.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 19 October 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Edgar Abadines
- © Copyright 2008, 2009 e4c Solutions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.